Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Oh, Well, Barbie Sucks Anyway

Well, never mind. Looks like they aren’t making that Lesbian Barbie after all. Mattel has been replying to fans inquiring about when they could buy an Abby Wambach Barbie by saying it isn’t going to be available for purchase. Instead they are saying it was a “a one-of-a-kind doll created for Abby.” Gee, I wonder if Abby knew that. Because she seemed pretty excited about the prospect of giving people who don’t think the current dolls reflect how they feel “another option.” I doubt she would have said that if she knew this was the only one just for her.

But, hey, that’s cool. I get it. So essentially Mattel wanted all the goodwill of introducing an Abby Wambach Barbie, without ever having to actually produce an Abby Wambach Barbie. Cool, cool. We don’t mind being used just for show. Please feel free to reap the benefits of seeming inclusive without actually being inclusive. We don’t mind one bit. Not one tiny little bit.

Yeah, fuck that noise. I knew there was a reason I was a Star Wars Action Figure girl instead. I knew it.

5 comments:

*** GayGirl2000 *** said...

Wow, talk about queerbaiting!

As a kid, I was all about Lego and these AWESOME amazonian warrior dolls my parents found. Strong and muscular instead of crazy curvy and in a bikini. So much better than Barbie and Mattel - in every way!

Helena said...

Never liked Barbie , but thought this was good for all the soccer girls - so disappointed.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Back to buying a Rey from Star Wars for me

Bleumoon said...

Well it IS February Sweeps, and everyone has to trot out the gratuitous lesbians, right?

Anonymous said...

Dis*a*POINTed...